In this guide we will learn how to configure the Bluetooth Gateway in order to control your devices remotely over the internet. Useful when you are not in proximity of the lock(s) and need to open them or grant access to other people.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1. Install and Launch App
- 2. Add Gateway
- 3. Add devices to Gateway
- 4. Change Gateway name
- 6. Removing devices from Gateway
1. Install and Launch App
- Download and install the Tuya App on your mobile device. The app is available for Android, iOS, and iPadOS on the respective app store. Make sure you have an Internet connection, Bluetooth is turned on and you are within 5 meters of the device.
- Launch the app and Sign Up or Log In.
- New account: Tap the Sign Up button, select your country, enter your email and tap Get Verification Code you will receive a verification code on your email.
2. Add Gateway
- Add a device by tapping the + sign on top right corner. Select Add Manually on the top and on the left column select the Gateway Control tab.
- On the right side go to the Gateway category and select Wireless Gateway (BLE). Sometimes a prompt will appear automatically to add the Gateway without needing to do the previous steps.
- The following screen will appear, press the '+' sign. And wait for the device to be added as indicated by the blue circle progress.
- Tap the NEXT button on the bottom of the page.
- The Gateway details will be shown, tap Done on the top right corner.
2.1. Gateway Wi-Fi Credentials
- Select your local Wi-Fi network and enter the respective credentials, so that the Gateway can connect to the internet.
- After a successful connection, the Gateway homepage will be presented.
3. Add devices to Gateway
Now we need to add devices to the Gateway in order to be able to access them remotely.
If you haven't configured any device other than the Gateway we recommend you to follow the Configuration Guide of A1 Pro + P1 Pro (10 minutes) and then return to this one to continue the process.
Assuming the devices you want to control remotely are already configured follow the next steps.
- At the Gateway homepage tap (+) add device by list button at the bottom of the page.
- Select all the devices you want to be able to control remotely. For example:
- Tap Confirm at the top right corner.
- On the following prompt select Immediately to join, you can also select no more notice so that this warning no longer appears whenever you add a new device to the Gateway.
- Wait for the selected devices to be added to the Gateway.
- Now the Gateway homepage will be populated with the added devices. For example:
- You can now control your devices remotely through the gateway homepage by tapping the desired one and use it as normal, its user interface does not change. See Configuration Guide of A1 Pro + P1 Pro (10 minutes) for more information.
4. Change Gateway name
By default the Gateway will have its name written with Chinese characters to change this name follow the next steps.
- From the Gateway homepage tap the pencil icon in the top right corner.
- On this new screen tap the pencil icon in front of the Gateway name (Chinese characters).
- Now select the Name field and enter the desired name.
6. Removing devices from Gateway
- From the Gateway homepage tap the arrow '>' icon in front of the device you want to remove from the Gateway.
- Tap the Trash Can icon and then confirm the removal by selecting unbundling.
The Gateway is configured and the devices are ready to be used remotely.
We are constantly aiming to improve our guides, leave us some feedback down below, thank you!