This guide will allow you to change the BOXv1 Wi-Fi credentials assuming the BOXv1 is already configured.
- Make sure BOXv1 is powered ON seen by the LED activity.
- Open the BOXv1 by removing the plastic enclosure.
- Locate the SETUP button on the board. The board has a single blue button about 1mm in diameter near the keypad connector.
- Press and hold the button for atleast 5 seconds. Release the button when the LED turns off.
- Wait for the blue LED to start blinking fast.
- Go into your computer/phone Wi-Fi settings and connect to the network called homeit-box-XXXX, where XXXX corresponds to the last 4 characters of the BOXv1 Mac Address found on the sticker on the circuit board.
- Select Keep Wi-Fi connection when the warning Internet may not be available is shown.
- Device is now connected to the BOXv1.
- On a Web Browser (we recommend Google Chrome), search for the following URL: 192.168.4.1 on the URL/search bar.
- The Configuration Mode page will be shown, press NEXT and then on the Configuration Menu select CHANGE WI-FI SETTINGS.
- On the new page press SCAN WIFI to search for the local Wi-Fi networks.
- Select the desired Network and enter the password.
- After the third checkmark the BOXv1 will redirect you to your properties page (this guide is mainly towards a BOXv1 that is already configured).
- The Wi-Fi credentials have been changed successfully.
We are constantly aiming to improve our guides, leave us some feedback down below, thank you!